System Safety and Security
Omni is versed in system safety and Security practices for transit systems. We have experienced personnel with Transit Safety and Security Program (TSSP) certification. The purpose driving safety and security certification is to assure capital projects are designed and constructed so that it is safe and secure for public use. Safety and security certification provides traceable verification that:
- Design and operational safety hazards and security vulnerabilities are identified, evaluated, and properly controlled or mitigated prior to the commencement of passenger service.
- All critical system elements are evaluated for compliance with the identified safety and security requirements during the design, construction/installation, and testing and start-up phases of the Project.
- The Projects are operationally safe and secure for customers, employees, emergency personnel, and the public and has the operating rules and procedures in place to assure safe and secure revenue operation.
Safety and security certification provides the client with reasonable assurance that their systems can operate safely and securely and is consistent with accepted transit industry safety and security practices and standards.
We can provide all levels of safety services including the following
- Regulatory Compliance
- System Safety Engineering
- Safety Training
- Safety and security certifications
- Safety and Security analysis
- Accident/ Incident Investigation
- Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Omni is versed in Safety Management Systems (SMS) and follows Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 5800.1, Safety and Security Management Guidance for Major Capital Projects, August 2007, which requires grant recipients to develop a Safety and Security Management Plan (SSMP) for major rail capital projects covered by Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations (49 CFR) Part 633. Omni follows FTA regulation 49 CFR Part 659, Rail Fixed Guideway Systems. Safety Certification process is modeled after the concepts contained in the FTA’s Handbook for Transit Safety and Security Certification but tailored to the specific needs of the client.
- Safety/ Security plan Support
- Safety and security Planning and Management
- Auditing Support
- Emergency Preparedness and Management